By partnering with SAP to implement material ledger functionality, Abbott Laboratories LLC was able to manage business complexity and support continuity. Use of parallel valuations by material enabled efficiency, consistency, enhanced control procedures, and analytical capabilities in the Russia implementation.
- Utilize parallel valuation and material ledger to meet local legal requirements and Abbott Performance requirements.
- Evaluate the influence of legacy processes on SAP enterprise design.
- Optimize reporting/reconciliation through use of SAP Material Ledger reports.
Beth-Ann Chudy, Sr. Functional Process Manager, Abbott
Sai Nalagandla, Sr. Finance IT Lead, Abbott
- About Abbott: 3:35
- Key Outcomes and Objectives- 6:58
- What is Material Ledger?- 7:37
- Inventory Valuation and Abbott's Material Ledger Evolution & Approach- 8:58
- Abbott Legacy System and Process Landscape- 10:40
- Actual Costing Requirements- 12:30
- Summary of Russia Business Requirements- 15:38
- Abbott and SAP Solution- 16:50
- How We Met Requirements with Parallel Ledger- 19:40
- Actual Costing: Parallel Valuation- 23:05
- Abbott Reporting Requirement- 28:20
- Session Recap and Business Benefits- 30:05